Monday, June 15, 2009

Happy 'would have been' 100th Birthday today....


To my Grandad. Gerald Clement Grant - born 15th of June 1909.

He was one of identical twins...so I should also be saying Happy Birthday to my late Uncle Ron too! Grandad is shown above in the only image that I have of him digitally. This photo was taken on the day he gave me away in July 1988.

He would have been 100 today had he still been alive. However, he died when my eldest son was only 5 months old.. and now he is aged 18! (Where do the years go?)

An odd thing happened to me today, really odd, which is why I decided to share this birthday fact......

I was at work, with my head in a computer, when all of a sudden, I heard someone talking out in the corridor. I was pretty sure it was Finnish, but I was in that sort of 'zone' where it could have even been English.. but the tone of the voice suddenly caught me. My god I thought.. that sounds like my Grandad...and it really did.. in fact, I wouldn't have been at all surprised if he had walked in through the door of my office! For a split second, I thought he was out there.. OMG, it was REALLY weird.

As soon as I clicked on the voice, it was gone. Was there someone out there that sounded like him.. or had I picked up on him? Had I zoned into another frequency? (It wouldn't have been the first time I've heard voices from spirit).. and no I don't need locking up! LOL!

I settled myself back in to my chair and looked at the date. Suddenly I remembered that it was his birthday today and that my Mother had reminded me recently that he would have been 100.... Ohh it felt r-e-a-l-l-y weird ...

So, if you can hear me Grandad. 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY in the BEYOND'....

Sorry, no message from the Queen! :D



Copyright Information

All content, unless otherwise noted, is © ArcticRainbow and may not be reproduced in any form without express permission from the author, except for credited links directly to articles or to the main site. (I don't bite...just ask!) :D